Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Rach and Rugby

Why Hello Everyone,

I would like to start off by saying cheers for hanging in there with me while I was off being boring and a hermit from either rain/school. I have some exciting news though... I did something this weekend!!

I witnessed my first rugby game! So that's a lie...I've watched rugby before on television (it's apparently a decently sized deal here), but on Friday my boyfriend, Kayne, took me with some of his family to watch a rugby game in person in Brisbane! It was a great experience I'm fortunate to have. The stadium was open at the top, like most sports stadiums in the States, and the fans really get into the game...whereas I just yelled when they yelled. Because, lets be real, I have kinda no clue what is occurring on the field. I actually, funny story, yelled because I heard everyone else yelling, and I wasn't paying attention for a second, and the guy sitting to my left asked me what team I was rooting for. Hahaha oops.

I also want to share with all of you that there is a pizza place near my living accommodation called East Boy. I know you're probably wondering where I am going with this. I am going two directions. 1.) I am still the typical college student that will never turn down pizza. Ever. And 2.) I ate a pizza with mozzarella...ham...onion....and and EGG ON IT! It was fantastic! Don't knock it till you try it people.

The spring here has officially begun also. It started Monday, September 1st, and you can already tell (it's only 5:49 pm Tuesday here)!! The rain has stopped, the sun is out and beautiful, the sky is bright blue 85% of the time (other 15% is big fluffy white clouds), and people are out and about everywhere. Especially at the beach. I am actually, fingers crossed, planning on going there tomorrow (my Wednesday because I have no classes until Thursday at 4-6) and also this weekend, plus the zoo! About to get my typical "States chick holding a koala at the Steve Irwin Zoo" picture, and I have never been more excited!! P.S. don't say koala BEAR...it is not a bear, so I have been informed. It is just a koala, now you are all in the Straya loop.

I sadly do not have any pictures to show you at this time; however, hopefully I will take some at the beach tomorrow/this weekend/at the zoo (for sure). Cheers again for sticking with me! Missing and love all my mates!!!!

Peace and Love,
Bugs

No comments:

Post a Comment