Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Trouble in Paradise

G'day Mates,

This is going to be a slightly disappointing blog post. I say this because it has been cold, and rainy, and homework filled. Therefore, I have not been anywhere to experience anything life changing/breathtaking in a while. I take that back actually. I had Indian food last night, which was pretty life changing, but other than that nothing!

I have also been exposed to some Aussie music. I don't know what you would call the genre exactly, but it is a one man band. This guy plays the guitar, has a drum beat, and plays the didjeridu. How impressive is that! The man's name is Xavier Rudd. I would recommend listening to Let Me Be or his cover of No Women No Cry. I will post the links to these songs at the bottom for everyone. I've also discovered there are a lot of bands/actors/actresses that are Australian, and I had no idea!

Just to put into perspective for everyone how fast my time is going, I've been here for a month already. I feel like I just got here! Exactly 4 weeks ago I arrived at UniCentral with a broken light in my bedroom, dead cockroach on my bathroom floor, and no luggage for 4 days. 

A month later, I am 3 weeks into classes (2 weeks away from mid-semester exams). I am currently taking a digital photography class, so I will post some pictures I take as I go along...because these pictures are beautiful and I have nothing else to show you for the time being. So enjoy the mysterious girl sitting on a cliff looking longingly at the ocean. Her life is more exciting, she had a couple of friends join her after I took the picture, including her friend Mary Jane *tisk tisk*.

Bottom line is to enjoy this music and pictures I have posted, know that my life is currently at a halt but will pick back up once the weather gets better, and, after a month of being here, I still have not fixed my light.

Peace and Love,
Bugs

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xavier+rudd+let+me+be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnvLvPipJZ8
(just copy and paste this URL into the address space above, his music is very relaxing)


No matter how many pictures I post, You will truly never understand the beauty sunsets bring in this country



Surfers! (The water is maybe 60 degrees...they're nuts)


Mischievous girl...but I really like this picture 


Well isn't this adorable

Patiently waiting for me to get done taking pictures :)

Looking out at the mountains I want to climb next!

Again...you'll never fully understand the beauty unless you see it for yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment