Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Houston, We Have Several Problems

Hello Mates!

Do not let the exclamation mark fool you. I have been traveling since Monday at 9:30 A.M. It is currently 1 P.M....on Thursday (New Zealand time)!! And I'm not even quite into Australia yet. Due to super bad weather in Dallas, I missed my connecting flight to Brisbane. Because I missed this, apparently rare, flight, I have been sent all over God's creation this week.

I stayed the night at Dallas, which was quite the experience. I did not get go round up steer or go to a rodeo while I was there. I know, very disappointing. I guess I should fill you guys in on my new flight schedule. I was then instructing, in order to get to Brisbane the quickest, I had to go to LAX, then Tahiti, then New Zealand, then finally to Australia!!

I had an 8.5 hour layover in LAX....and I'm too broke to look around anywhere, so that was a downer. Following the 8.5 hour lay over, I had to go on a 6 hour plane ride. Then I was greeted by belly dancers and ukalali (that could be spelled wrong) playing men. As exhausted and stressed as I was when I arrived, that was very interesting to see. Then, I was rushed, and I mean RUSHED, through the tahiti airport. Apparently my flight got in late, go figure, and my plane to New Zealand was boarding. No biggie. I was rushed through, everyone was very nice, and I reached my plane just in time! To find out it is another 6 hour flight. Now I am sitting in New Zealand, speed typing this blog entry to fill everyone in because I only have 30 minutes of wifi available.

On the bright side, I am finally sitting down...not a plane, got some protein in me, and the countries I have seen so far have been absolutely beautiful. It is pretty unreal to think I just saw three extra places within 2 days. Although it's stressful, it has been quite the experience. I also would not have been able to carry out this experience on my own. I met a couple at the airport that was taking the same flight I was out of Indy. I am so incredibly grateful I found them!! They became my designated parents and kept me calm/got me to where I needed to be. They did not have to do any of what they did for me, but, like I said, I am soooo greateful they did. Huge shout out to Mark and Denise Hilton!! I love you guys....even I have only known you for approximately 30 hours!

Stay tuned to hear if I actually ever get to my apartment. I know, the suspense is nerve wracking! Wish me luck :)

Peace and Love,
Rach

Designated Travel Parents

Rainbow view from the plane


Dallas, Texas


New Flight Plan...Gross



LAX

Tahiti

Very Polite Boards at New Zealand

New Zealand Scenery

New Zealand

AUSTRALIA

First Roo spotting

Typical University of the Sunshine Coast Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment